Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pool Party and Pink Pirouette


(If you click on the picture it looks a lot better)  I got a chance this weekend to make a few cards. I made this one for Valentines Day and for the challenge over at Dynamic Duos.


The colors are very soft and I thought about using them on white but changed my mind and tried them out on Kraft paper instead. I like how it turned out. I am very challenged by the one layer cards and also thought that I would try to make one. Here is the result. 


I'd also like to enter this into the:
 Make It Monday challenge #127-always Anything Goes  and 



11 comments:

Stamping Shanni said...

Shari this is a really cool card - I love how simplistic it is and those colours go together sooooo well! The paper piercing is perfect and I think that having the three hearts really balances it.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog and roses. Can't wait to see what you include the roses on.
Good luck with all the challenges!
BTW saw this link on MIM today.
Stamping Shanni

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining our love challenge at allsorts this week Tracy x

CJ said...

Hi Shari -

Love the card, so clean and simple. It is an inspiration.

CJ

Rose said...

Hi Shari, lovely card, I saw it on MIM and ame over for a closer look.

Rose x

Jill said...

This is FABULOUS! OMG! LOVE everythign about it! the sentiment, washi, hearts! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Thank you so much for linking up to Every Day is an Occasion! I hope you come back! Smiles, Jill
Oh and I just noticed my button on your side bar! Thank you so much!

loz said...

Gorgeous card..Loz..... Visited from MIM...

Turtle In The Sand said...

So much better on Kraft paper and I love the color combo. Saw it on MIM and so glad I got a closer peek.

Unknown said...

Oh, I love how this turned out! I found it on MIM.

Amy White said...

Very sweet - love the stitching around the hearts!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Shari, this is too cute! I love the fact that you jazzed up a one-layer card with the fun details. The paper piercing around the hearts is awesome! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Shirley said...

Such a pretty card Shanni. The pink hearts are so cute and I am a lover of pricking on cards.I spotted your card on the MIM blog and popped over to take a better look.

Shirley