Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Flowers!


3x3 card


4.25 x 5.5 card

I love the colors in this card! I cased it from the Stampin' Up! Idea and Catalog 2011-2012. It isn't quite the same but it is close. I love the poppy parade red. It is bright and perfect for a flowery happy birthday card. I also like the stamping and embossing done on the crumb cake paper. I love the crumb cake paper with practically anything. Okay, I stamped then embossed the flowers in white embossing powder. I did a couple of extra ones so I could cut some out after I sponged some poppy parade ink onto them. I then stuck these extra ones on the cards. I made a 3x3 and a 4.25 x 5.5. After I post these cards I see some areas where I could have improved upon. I should have cut the white scalloped part a little better instead I just plow on through! Maybe the recipient won't even notice....

Here is the recipe:
Stamps: fifth avenue floral, create a cupcake (greeting on 3x3 card), well scripted
Inks: versamark
Paper: poppy parade, crumb cake, garden green, white
Accessories: embossing powder, twine

1 comment:

Kerry Parkinson said...

Wow! the white embossing and sponging looks so effective on crumb cake! I never would have thought ... now I'm dying to try it. Great cards, TFS