Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Birthday


Happy Birthday Wishes

Here is another birthday card 3x3 inch, that I made using pinwheels. It is small so it has to be simple. I try to embellish with some elements to make it more cute, yet keep the cost down. I should work on the background more I think. I made the pinwheel out of DSP that is printed on both sides. I started with punching out a square and then cutting to the center from each corner. I didn't cut quite all the way to the center. I then folded the points to the center and anchored them with sticky tape or a glue dot and then put in the button brad. I also took some thread and made it into a bow and stuck it in the middle on the brad. The stick is made by rolling up some regular white printer paper.



Side view



These use different color schemes.

The recipe:
Stamps: Petite Pairs for greeting
Ink: Brilliant blue, Lucky Limeade
Paper: Orange, Yellow, Blue, white, Designer papers
Accessories: Non-SU brads, gold and silver (Sulky) thread, gold and silver cord, dots embossing folder

No comments: