Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ships Ahoy!

I consider this a masculine birthday card (duh, really!). I tried some collage on this. I think it worked out okay but I really need to learn to make cards more interesting. I didn't know what else to do with this one so here it is. I don't have the stamp set, I used my friends' set when we got together to stamp. Guys really don't care much about cards so I am satisfied with this one and will move on to the next one.

A close up. You see I cut out the compass and popped it up. It looks better in real time. Maybe a little glitter on the compass? I think I might try that...

Here is the recipe:
Stamp sets: Background stamp sanded, It's Your Birthday, The Open Sea
Inks: Real Red, Basic Gray, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Black
Paper: Real Red, Vanilla, Soft Suede
Accessories: (Tim Holtz) Machinery parts, Ribbon, Sewing machine

No comments: